Gorgeous blue waters, luxurious accommodations with expansive views of the ocean, poolside cocktails, magnificent shows, adventurous activities and rollicking parties, exotic destinations and the best cuisine that the world has to offer… What could possibly be better than a cruise vacation, you wonder? We say, a cruise vacation that allows you to embark on the journey of your dreams from your very own country!
If all of this sounds unbelievable to you, you’re in for a wonderful surprise. Royal Caribbean International, the celebrated and award-winning cruise line is bringing two of its most exciting ships to India in 2019, giving you easy access to some of the finest and most fascinating Asian destinations. Read on to know why you need to say “Aye Aye” to the cruise holiday of your dreams in the upcoming year!
- The ships: Royal Caribbean is bringing none other than two of its most incredible ships to Indian shores – Spectrum of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas. Spectrum debuting in April 2019 is the first of the Quantum Ultra Class ship in the cruise line’s fleet and the largest ship ever to touch Indian shores, which means that you can expect an amplified version of everything you imagine your dream cruise holiday to be like. Explorer, on the other hand, is one of the most awarded ships and one that offers a suite of world-class experiences that will leave you bedazzled and asking for more! While Spectrum will sail to and from Mumbai, Explorer will offer segmented sailings via Cochin. So check these marvelous ships out and hop on board the one that suits your fancy the most!
- The destinations: With Spectrum of the Seas you can opt for the 5-night Dubai to Mumbai cruise from 4th to 9th May, 2019 or the 9-night Mumbai to Singapore cruise from 9th to 18th May, 2019. You can revel in the resplendent beauty of some of Asia’s most stunning spots including Dubai, Muscat in Oman, Cochin, Penang in Malaysia and Singapore. Explorer of the Seas, on the other hand, is offering two carefully curated segments of the ‘Spice Route Cruise’. The first segment of the cruise includes a 5-night itinerary that begins from Singapore and reaches Cochin (India) on 18th April, 2019 via Penang, Malaysia. Following this, in the second segment, the cruise sails from Cochin (India) to Dubai via Mumbai (India). You can board the ship from domestic shores to explore a wondrous array of adventurous activities, mouth-watering food, superlative performances peppered with generous doses of unexpected trivia and historical charm.
- On-board Experiences: When we said that these are Royal Caribbean’s most exciting ships, we weren’t kidding! Spectrum is fitted with some amazing, first-at-sea features that no other ship in the world offers. Most unique of these is the Sky Pad, a virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience that the whole family can enjoy together. Star Moment, a lively and energetic karaoke venue is where you’d love to spend your evenings, having a bash with your loved ones. Two70 – a high-tech entertainment venue offering 270 degree panoramic views out of the back of the ship will add more pizzazz to an already dazzling vacation.
On the recently-enhanced Explorer too, you can expect similar on-board excitements. From the surf simulator, FlowRider, the iconic Rock Climbing Wall, the stylish Casino Royale to two adjacent pools, two jumbo-size and two regular whirlpools, and stadium lounge seating, aboard this Voyager-class ship you’ll never run out of things to do!
- The food: What cruise holiday can be called complete without unbridled indulgence in great food and drinks? Royal Caribbean’s ships definitely won’t disappoint in this one realm. Themed restaurants, Bionic Bars, all-day cafes and specialty tea parlours, you name it and you have it! Spectrum of the Seas is fitted with an exquisite and awe-inspiring three-level Main Dining Room, serving a variety of International and Asian a la carte options. There’s also the option of imaginative cuisine at Wonderland, Jamie’s Italian by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, Izumi Japanese cuisine, a new specialty restaurant Sichuan Red offering authentic Sichuan cuisine, and Leaf and Bean-a traditional tea room and café parlour.
Similar culinary delights await you aboard Explorer of the Seas. You can eat yourself into bliss at the complimentary dining areas or check into any of the specialty restaurants for a truly gourmet experience. Giovanni’s Table will transport you into Italian paradise with fresh ingredients and traditional Tuscan flavours or you can enjoy a casual and fun-filled meal with your family at Johnny Rockets, all you need is an appetite! To top it all off, each corner of the ship offers a novel drinking experience replete with craft ales, expertly-crafted cocktails and bar nibbles.
- The luxurious accommodation: Last but never the least comes the choice of accommodation. While every Royal Caribbean ship offers the most blissful staterooms and suites, Spectrum takes this luxury a step ahead with its the two-level 2,809 sq ft Ultimate Family Suite accommodating up to 11 guests with an in-room slide, for the whole family to play, laugh and live together! Debuting on the forward end of the ship is also the cruise line’s first private enclave for suite guests. With these suites, you will have exclusive card key access, a private elevator and outdoor space for relaxation and a dedicated restaurant and lounge. If there was ever an experience worthy of being called ‘vacation goals’, this is it!
With Explorer’s Grand Suites, returning to the real world may be a tad bit difficult for you. Not only will you enjoy more space and majestic views, you’ll also be in for some special perks like reserved seating and priority bookings. If that’s not enough, then check yourself into the Panoramic Stateroom that will blow you away with its wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling ocean views. We won’t blame you if all you want to do is enjoy your private piece of heaven with a glass of wine in your hand!